Have you ever had a dream that was so big, you thought perhaps it was crazy, you were crazy or both? At Love Powered Life, we know exactly how that feels!
Though we just received our 501(c)(3) approval letter this summer, God began placing this vision on our hearts a few years ago. It grew over time and then a year ago, He gave us a very specific vision to create loving community for trafficking survivors and their families so that families could heal and grow together through safe relationships.
Not too long after that vision, our founder (Anne Kinsey) was taking her daily quiet time with the Lord, when He moved her to start drawing a vision on paper in her journal, a piece of paper she has hung on the bookcase she looks at as she works everyday in her rural North Carolina office. She drew so quickly that it did not really dawn on her what it looked like (a tree) until after she was done. This is by no means a professional drawing or photograph- simply one chicken scratched in love and faith. (If you are an artist who would like to create a professional one, by all means contact us.)
The size of the vision startled Anne, as she teared up and reminded herself this was God’s vision and ministry and it wasn’t up to her to determine what was and wasn’t possible. When fear or doubt began to sneak up on her, Christ’s Spirit always brought to mind the verse He gave her for this ministry: “There is no fear in love. But perfect love casts out fear” (1 John 4:18). She remembered (and others reminded her of) people from scripture like Nehemiah, Esther, Moses, Mary and others. Powered by God’s love and rooted in community, Love Powered Life began taking steps in the direction of God’s vision for us.
We are still at the beginning of this journey and taking itty bitty baby steps, like making that next phone call, showing up for a coffee meeting, texting with a client or even writing this blog post. God has been faithful every step of the way. He has connected us with mentoring from other safe home founders, a partial scholarship and guidance from the good folks at Ministry Ventures, volunteers, 501(c)(3) approval, and the right people at the right time over and over and over again. We are taking each step in faith, knowing that God has gone before us with the vision He has so graciously invited us to be part of.
Thank you for being someone who cares about the over 27-million people who are trafficked globally, along with their family members, and for believing nothing is too big or too hard for our God. As you walk with us, we also want to encourage you to walk out your own dreams and visions and remember:
- When it comes to God’s call and vision on your life, what other people believe is possible doesn’t matter nearly as much as what God has shown you. He has gone before you!
- Without a vision the people will perish! Hang your vision somewhere you will see it several times everyday.
- Keep your eyes on God- He is the one who gets to tell you what and how big your dreams and vision are, not people (and not even yourself).
- Everyone starts somewhere. Start where you are and remember that, “from small beginnings come great things.”
- You and the vision God has given you are worth fighting for!
- Practice gratitude: thank God for who you were, who you are, and who He is growing you to become as you take each step in faith.
- Surround yourself with people who have the audacity to believe that God is faithful to the vision and promises He gives you.
- Ask God for a Scripture verse for the vision He has given you and ask Him to help you live it out in your life each day.
- Find someone who has dreamed something just as big or bigger than you! We like to look at Lincoln Village, Adventure Learning Centre and Camp, Agape Christian Mission, and Operation Christmas Child. ALL things are possible!